Project Based Learning (PBL)
Project Based Learning Classes are classes you work on at home under the direction of a Hamilton certified teacher. Weekly emails from the teacher will guide the student towards completion of a project with monthly due dates for assignments. Students are required to talk/email to the teacher on count day. There will be an opportunity at the end of each semester to share and display the project in Hamilton for interested students. In addition to the project, each class will allow the student to take advantage of an optional lab taught by a community expert. Not finishing the project could jeopardize future enrollment in Project Based Learning classes and payment for the community expert.
2nd Semester Syllabus with Due Dates The projects follow a predictable format with one project due each semester for each PBL class.
- Grades K-12 may take up to 5 of these classes with a maximum of 2 per category. The Categories are PE, Art, music, STEM, and languages. Each class will count as one of their 5 classes and each class will have a project. Each class entitles the student to hands on learning at an optional lab.
- Payments will be made September through end of May only. Summer classes are the responsibility of parent.
- NEW*** There is no reimbursement for registration fees, unless it is considered a deposit towards tuition. In this case, the reimbursement to parents will come from the community partner and not Hamilton Schools.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to pay ALL registraton fees and other items required for the class, such as ballet slippers for a ballet, a uniform for a Tae Kwon Do or any other supplies or costs for a community partner lab.
- Each student will be guided along on their project by a certified teacher. Please review this syllabus which outlines the course work for the project. The project is in addition to the work the student does with thier community expert.
- The student is required to communicate with the teacher on count day or within the week following count day.
Optional Labs - Please follow the link to see available partners