Dual Enrollment and CTE Classes
Dual Enrollment Courses are available to Hamilton Home School Students. Hamilton Schools will pay a portion or all of your college class depending on the cost of class and the college you chose. Courses that are remedial, a hobby, craft, recreational, or a course that is in the areas of physical education, theology, divinity, or religious education, are not eligible for tuition support. The district will pay a predetermined amount towards the college class and books. If books are purchased, they need to be turned in at the end of the semester. Some colleges greatly exceed the allowable amount and some colleges reduce their dual enrollment rates, so Hamilton can pay for the entire class and books. Feel free to call Kristie to talk about the many options. Follow the links below for more information. To take advantage of the dual enrollment program, you must take a minimum of 1 class from Hamilton. That class can be a class on campus, PBL class or online class.
- If your student fails or drops out of the dual enrollment class, you will be responsible for all costs of the class.
- All dual enrollment classes must be semester length and meet during the count period for each semester.
- Online college courses are acceptable as long as the college is located in the State of Michigan and the college participates in Dual Enrollment.
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Lake Michgan Community College
- Hope College
- Grand Valley State University
Each Dual Enrollment class counts as 1 of your 5 classes. Each student may take up to 10 dual enrollment classes during their High School years.
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
There are many great CTE opportunities available as well. Follow this link to learn more about CTE classes. You may take 1 CTE class or 1CTE class with up to 3 online or on campus home school classes. All home schoolers are enrolled in CTE classes through Mary Baron at 616-796-1905. If you live in the Hamilton district, you may ride the CTE bus with the high school students.