Hamilton Community Schools has partnerships with Edgenuity, Odysseyware, MVU and GenNet to provide Online Learning Opportunities. You can follow the links below to see a list of available courses.
- Only electives and semester long courses may be selected. The links below contain core classes and year long classes. If you aren't sure if it is an elective, just ask.
- All AP courses count as electives and may be selected.
- All SAT and ACT prep classes count as electives and may be selected.
- All online classes are done at your own time and place as long as student stays on track. Many online classes have set start and end dates. Online classes can be worked on at home or a library.
- Students need to complete all classes you order.
- Online classes are available for grades K-12 and will count as 1 of the 5 classes.
- Every student taking an online class will be assigned a mentor who will communicate with them about progress and content of their online class. It is very important the student communicate's with their mentor teacher.
- Do Not Purchase any online classes. Hamilton will purchase the class and email your user name and password to you in September.
Available Online Classes:
- Edgenuity Course List Grades 6-12 Course descriptions for the Edgenuity classes are available upon request.
- Odysseyware. Grades 6-12 Many good CTE options like Animal Systems, Business Law, and Food and Beverage Management. Complete Course catalog or List of Classes by subject (All CTE classes are electives)
- GenNet An extensive listing of classes. Foreign Languages including Latin for K-5, but most classes are for grades 6-12. Only semester long electives are available from this list from any vendor except K12 and Northwestern U.
- MVU Grades 6-12. Many AP classes.
- Online Robotics for grades 1-8. May sign up for an optional lab at the school grades 3-8. Attendance at the lab is required for students in grades K-2. New*** A pilot online class for K-2 class. Parents will need to pay a deposit for ktis and come to the school twice per semester to exchange kits. Please note K-2 students will need some parent guidance and participation. Enrollment limited to 10 students.
- Rosetta Stone For grades K-12 Student will receive access to all available levels of their chosen language. Rosetta Stone Foundations is an online platform that works on pcs, tablets, and ipads. The games are not available on the tablets. Available Languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, Filipino (Tagalog), French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
- Zoom Chess (requires java) K-12
- YDACS Grades 3-12 One Page Flyer We will buy one class per semester. If you would like more than one, sign up both classes and you can take 2 per semester back to back. 2 per semester will count as two classes.
Digital Drawing and Painting - DDP101
Digital Photo Painting – DPP101
3D Digital Drawing - 3DDRW101 (6th grade and up only)
Video Game Design Basics – VGD101
RPG Video Game Design – VGD102
Digital Manga – DM101
Youth Digital Each class is available for the whole year. Finish it in one semester, and we can purchase a second class for second semester. Ages 8-14
3D Game Development 1
3D Animation 1
3D Character Animation 1
3D Game Design 1
3D Game Design 2
3D Printing & Modeling 1
App Design 1
Fashion Design 1
Mod Design 1
Mod Design 1: Dimensions (must take Mod Design first)
Mod Design 1: Adventure Maps (must take Mod Design first)
Server Design 1
- Jam.com Students will have access to the course for 1 year. Finish it in one semester, and we can purchase a second class for second semester.
Build Anything with Lego, Ages 8-14
Invent Your Own Machines, Agers 9-14
Drawing Bootcamp, Ages 9-14
Animate Your Drawings, Ages 9-16
Host a Minecraft Video Show, Ages 10-16
Cook for Yourself, Ages 9-14
Become a Music Star, Ages 10-16
Google Computer Science. Grades 4-8 only. Topics include Game Design and Art, Storytelling and Friends, Fashion & Design and Social Media, and Spots and Music & Sound
EEME (Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering) For Ages 7-12 Every semester EEME will ship you a 6 project kits in the mail. For first time EEME enrollee's they will get a beginners set of 6 projects to learn about resistors, transistors, capacitors, LEDs. Returning 2nd time enrollee's will receive an intermediate level set of 6 projects to learn about motors, potentiometers, thermistors, digital-analog-converts. Third time return enrollees will receive advance level set of 6 projects to learn about integrated 555, Op-Amp circuits, filters, tone generators. Open to advanced 6 year olds with parental assistance. There are 4 semesters of kits. Sign up for EEME and then near the start of the school year, fill out the google doc from EEME to request whichever kit your student it on.
Driver's Technology. A year long Driver's Ed course. The online class will be combined with a required class session meeting Wednesdays 11-1 starting Sept. 13th, meeting for 12 weeks at the high school. In addition to the 12 weeks of classroom, students will have 6 hours of behind the wheel driving, and 4 hours of observation time. Students must be 14 years 9 months old by Sept. 13th to participate. Students and parents must sign this contract. 2nd semester will have an online portion too, 3 required classes on campus 4/11, 4/18, and 4/25. Individual drives will be scheduled with the instructor. Hamilton is not responsible for fees incurred due to poor attendance or cancelled drive time.
All the Right Type. Online Typing Tutor.