Hamilton Community Schools has partnerships with Kickstand, Edgenuity, Odysseyware, MVU and GenNet to provide Online Learning Opportunities. Follow the links below to see a list of available courses.
Full time students may select online electives. All core classes will be selected with assistance from administration to best meet the learning style, graduation requirements, and needs of the individual student.
For part time students:
- Only electives and semester long courses may be selected. The links below contain core classes and year long classes. If you aren't sure if it is an elective, please ask.
- All AP courses count as electives and may be selected.
- All online classes are done at your own time and place as long as student stays on track. Many online classes have set start and end dates. Online classes can be worked on at home, library, or the school.
- Students need to complete all classes on their schedule.
- Online classes are available for grades K-12 and will count as 1 of the 5 optional electives.
- Every student taking an online class will be assigned a mentor who will communicate with them about progress and content of their online class. It is required the student communicates with their mentor teacher.
- Do Not Purchase any online classes. Hamilton will purchase the class and email your user name and password to you in August.
Available Online Classes:
- Edgenuity Course List - Grades 6-12 Course descriptions for the Edgenuity classes are available upon request.
- Odysseyware. Grades 6-12 Many good CTE options like Animal Systems, Business Law, and Food and Beverage Management. Complete Course catalog (All CTE classes are electives)
- Sports Officiating. Basketball and Baseball. Prepare for the sports officiating exam. Must be 17 years old to be a certified. Younger students may take the class to prepare for the exam. Earn money and fill a demand by getting certified in sports officiating. Volleyball coming spring semester. Each course is a 1 semester course.
- edynamic Learning Courses. Electives only.
- Michigan Virtual University Grades 6-12. Many AP classes. Electives only.
- Rosetta Stone For grades K-12 Student will receive access to all available levels of their chosen language. Rosetta Stone Foundations is an online platform that works on pcs, tablets, and ipads. The games are not available on the tablets. Available Languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, Filipino (Tagalog), French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese.
Driver's Technology. A year long Driver's Ed course. The online class will be combined with a required class session meeting Sept. 5,10,12,17,19,26. Oct. 3,10,17,24,31 and Nov 7 In addition to the 9 weeks of classroom, students will have 6 hours of behind the wheel driving, and 4 hours of observation time. Students must be 14 years 8 months old by Sept. 13th to participate. Students and parents must sign this contract. 2nd semester will have an online portion too and 3 required classes on campus. Individual drives will be scheduled with the instructor. Hamilton is not responsible for fees incurred due to poor attendance or cancelled drive time. The April dates are segment 2. To learn more about Michigan's certification process, please read here.
All the Right Type. Online Typing Tutor.
Experiencing Arts and Technology, an online class with virtual field trips and optional field trips in the local area.
Online classes with optional classroom experience on campus in Hamilton. Includes options for all grades including Band, Musical Theater, choir, art, and more.
Online Music Lessons Piano, Violin, and Guitar with loaner instruments available with a small deposit.
Kids Cook Real Food . Online cooking lessons.