Wed 4/25 - Scheduled 2-Hour Delay Start
Tues 5/1 - M-STEP: 3rd Grade ELA
Wed 5/2 - VIP Day
Thurs 5/3 - M-STEP: 3rd Grade Math
Tues 5/8 - 1st Grade ODC Field Trip
Wed 5/9 - 1/2 Day (AM Only)
Fri 5/11 - Marathon Ends & 4th Grade Track and Field Day & Last day to check out library books
Mon 5/14 - PTO Meeting at SV at 5:45pm
Tues 5/15 - M-STEP: 4th Grade ELA
Wed 5/16 - 4th Grade Camp Geneva Field Trip
Thurs 5/17 - M-STEP: 4th Grade Math & May Birthday Celebration at Lunch
Fri 5/18 - All Library Books are Due
Mon 5/21 - Board of Education Meeting at Middle School at 7:00pm
Tues 5/22 - KDG John Ball Zoo Field Trip
Mon 5/28 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
Wed 5/30 4th Grade ODC Field Trip
Thurs 5/31 Music Program at High School
Fri 6/8 Last Day - 1/2 Day (AM Only)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25 IS A SCHEDULED 2 HOUR DELAY
Fun Friday Volunteers: Friday, April 27: Sarah Fetters & Amanda Schipper
School Improvement Parent Survey: DEADLINE EXTENSION: Parents, please take a few minutes to complete the school improvement survey. The survey will close on Friday, April 27. Here is the
Sandyview Music Program: The end of year music program has been moved to Thursday, May 31st . The program will be at the Hamilton High School Auditorium at 1:30pm . Families are welcome to come and hear our Sandyview students sing.
S.O.A.R. Focus of the Week: Let’s Be RESPECTFUL of our Earth! As we come into the season of Spring,
let’s be mindful of the world we live in and help keep it clean and safe! Some ideas are:
● Turn the water off as you are brushing your teeth to conserve water
● Use a real glass that you can wash instead of a plastic cup that fills up our landfills
● Throw your garbage away to keep our Earth safe and clean!
- Join the PTO for Donuts at Dawn on May 18 and let us provide breakfast for you and your student.
- Are you a born leader? Do you have ideas that would be fun and exciting for the students of Sandyview? Then we need you on PTO. If you've ever had an interest or ideas that would be helpful talk to one of the PTO members about how easy it is to join. We're currently looking for board members for next year!
- The PTO is interested in your thoughts. We realize that timing is everything when your a parent. Please take a moment to fill out a quick survey to tell us what time frame would work into your schedule the best to attend a meeting. Here is the link:
Specials News: News from our Specials Teachers is included this week. Please read it to see what the students are doing in P.E., Music and STEM.
Very Important Person Day: VIP is Wednesday, May 2 . This is an opportunity for your child to invite one special adult in his or her life to visit his or her classroom and participate in learning with them. Unfortunately, the size of our classrooms and parking lots limits the number of VIPs we can handle in the building at one time. We will hold two VIP sessions:
KDG, 1st & 2nd: 9:30-10:15am
3rd & 4th: 10:30-11:15am
There is a 15 minute window between sessions to allow for parking lot spaces to become clear. There will be a table in the gym for VIPs to wait at if they are attending both VIP
SCRIP Gift Cards - Orders Due! Reminder: SCRIP orders are due Monday, April 23. If paying by check, payment is due Monday, April 23 by 9AM. Please contact Mrs. Robbins with any questions.
Preschool Registration: Hawkeye Preschool has openings in our 4 year old AM class - class meets from 9-11:45am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. To enroll please stop in Sandyview’s office or contact Mrs.
Robbins at 269.751.5372 or email@example.com
Thank You Volunteers! This week may have been the official “National Volunteer Appreciation Week”, but we
certainly appreciate our volunteers every single day! Thank you for everything you do; whether it be donating food for Staff Appreciation, helping in the classrooms, volunteering for Christmas Workshop, Fun Night, and/or anything and everything in between. Thank you for making a positive impact on the students of Sandyview! “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” - Elizabeth Andrew