Superintendent Search Overview
The Hamilton Community Schools Board of Education is beginning the task of searching for the district’s new Superintendent of Schools, as Mr. David Tebo has announced his resignation at the end of this school year. He has served the district admirably for 12 years in this position.
The selection process, up to and including the appointment of a new Superintendent, is extremely important to ensure the ongoing success of the district. In addition to the Board of Education, staff and community groups can play a very important role in the search process. The Board will be assisted by the Michigan Leadership Institute during his process. Dave Killips and Andrew Ingall will lead the search process.
Excellent schools with satisfied students, parents and staff are assisted by high quality educational leadership. Few aspects of the educational system are as important as the quality of leadership provided by the Superintendent. Therefore, the candidates for this position will be expected to possess and demonstrate many qualifications, skills, and abilities, including the ability to help forge strong partnerships with teachers, students, parents, and community.
The first opportunity for staff, students, and community to provide input is via a short survey on our website at hamiltonschools.us. Please click on the link under Superintendent Search - Community Input Survey to participate in giving feedback. The survey will be available at 8:00 am on March 14 and will close at 4:00 pm on March 20. All input on the survey will be collected anonymously. The Board of Education thanks you in advance for the input.
Superintendent Posting & Profile
Superintendent Search Timeline
March 4, 2022 - Initial Posting of Superintendent Vacancy to Various Sites
March 11, 2022 - Input Due on Three Questions from Board of Education
March 14 - 20, 2022 - Community Input Gathered via Website Survey
March 15 - 22, 2022 - Focus Group Meetings to Develop Profile
- March 15, 2022
- Middle School/High School Staff Forum - 3:00 p.m. @ Middle School Library
- Community Forum Meeting - 6:00 p.m. @ Middle School Library
- March 16, 2022
- Bentheim & Sandyview Elementary Staff Forum - 4:00 p.m. @ Bentheim Elementary School
- Community Forum Meeting - 6:00 p.m. @ Bentheim Elementary School
- March 17, 2022
- Blue Star Elementary Staff Forum - 4:00 p.m. @ Blue Star Elementary School Gymnasium
- Hamilton Elementary Staff Forum - 4:00 p.m. @ Hamilton Elementary School Gymnasium
- Community Forum Meeting - 6:00 p.m. @ Blue Star Elementary Gymnasium
- March 22, 2022
- Administrative Staff - 4:00 p.m. @ Middle School Library
March 23, 2022 - Additional Information Added to Posting/Profile
April 15, 2022 - Posting Closes at 4:00 p.m.
April 19, 2022 - Presentation of Candidates to Board of Education (Time to be Determined)
- Selection of 4 to 6 candidates to be interviewed
- Preparation for Interviews
- Finalize Questions for First Round
April 23, 2022 - First Round Interviews
- 8:00 am: Dr. Doug Greer, Director of School Improvement at Ottawa ISD
- 9:30 am: Dr. Brad Lusk, High School Principal at Fowlerville
- 11:00-11:30 am: Lunch Break
- 11:30 am: Jaym Abraham, Middle School Principal at Caledonia
- 1:00 pm: Tim Reeves, Superintendent at Shelby
April 30, 2022 - Final Interviews
- 8:00 am - Dr. Doug Greer
- 9:30 am - Dr. Brad Lusk
TBA - Special Board Meeting to hire new Superintendent
July 1, 2022 - New Superintendent Begins Duties