About Hawkeye Preschool
We believe that children are natural learners, eager to explore and create. The teaching staff promotes early learning by:
- Providing a natural environment that enables and encourages discovery, experimentation, and the opportunity to see the results of one’s actions.
- Structuring a program that includes many opportunities for children to be outdoors, learning and exploring, reflecting the research that supports the advantages of these experiences.
- Offering opportunities for children to connect with nature while developing the skills of the whole child, as well as children’s individual abilities and interests.
- Encouraging problem solving and reflection by asking open-ended questions and providing information in response to children’s ideas, observations, and questions.
- Assisting children in their interactions with each other and supporting opportunities for learning to work in a group.
- Appreciating and celebrating the unique individuality of children and families