Students in Hamilton Virtual and throughout Hamilton Community Schools may select online classes. Only full time students may take core classes in the areas of mathematics, science, English, and social studies. Classes will be selected with assistance from administration and counselors to best meet the learning style, graduation requirements, and needs of the individual student.
Every student taking online classes (core and electives) will be assigned a mentor teacher to communicate weekly about student's progress and/or content in the online class. The student is required to communicate with their mentor teacher weekly throughout the school year. All online classes are completed at the student's own time and place. Some courses have due dates while others have pacing guides. If a student falls behind, the mentor teacher will help develop a clear plan to assist the student with completion of the class. Online classes can be worked on at home, library, or the school. Students must complete all online classes.
Some online classes provide optional learning experiences outside the online learning environment to supplement and enrich the online classes. All online classes including those with optional experiences are offered and available to all students in every Hamilton Community Schools building. High School students, contact your counselor, Gina Sneller firstname.lastname@example.org Holly Goodman email@example.com or Dawn Safford firstname.lastname@example.org Middle School students, contact Kris Henrickson email@example.com Elementary students, contact your building principal.
K-6 Outdoor Discovery Center Classes
- Natural Connections Level 1 and Advanced
- Elementary and Middle School Science ( Full time students only)
K-5 Core Options (Full time students, must take all 4 except in Kindergarten)
- Calvert online learning K- 5 Link for a Tour of Calvert
- For Grades K-5: Optional Science in person learning at the ODC along with an online class in Canvas. Replaces the Calvert Science class.
Secondary Core Options (Full time students only. Must take all 4 subjects and meet graduation requirements.)
- Edmentum classes. 6-12 Link for a tour of Edmentum
- For Grades 6-8: Optional Science in person learning at the ODC along with an online class in Canvas. Replaces the Edmentum Science Class.